1. Contact Tina Mewhinney by email or phone
two months prior to the show. She will
have the UC-Davis lab ship collection tubes
and instructions to the show steward or
2. The show committee will hire a
veterinarian to draw 4 tubes from each horse tested and
ship them to the UC Davis laboratory as
instructed. The vet will not have to know what
analyses to ask for because the lab will
know exactly what to do.
3. The show secretary will pay NAPHA for the
number of horses tested at the show.
4. If there is a test that is above the
allowed limit (therapeutic value), the laboratory will
immediately do a quantitative analysis at no
5. The laboratory will store at least one
vial of blood for contested results.
6. NAPHA will receive and pay the invoice
7. The laboratory manager will sent the
results to Tina Mewhinney and she will contact the
show steward with the information.
8. If action is needed the show steward will
contact the owner of the horse.